49 Mayfield Avenue HECTORVILLE
Standing proudly on a generous 540m2 corner allotment, this double story waterfall art deco influenced home boasts 5 bedrooms and 4 living areas across a massive 10 main room design with scattered art deco and 1952 original construction features offering a rare character insight into a vibrant past.
A regretful sale creates an opportunity for renovators to beautify and renew, or for developers to take advantage of Campbelltown Council Urban Renewal Policy and demolish for a new corner allotment contemporary development (stcc).
Polished timber floors and a stunning timber staircase welcome us as we enter flowing throughout the ground floor where formal lounge and adjacent dining provide spacious living areas with high ceilings, curved windows and decorative cornices. A functional kitchen / meals is bright and spacious along with a generous family room.
Step out doors and enjoy outdoor entertaining under a large gabled pergola. A double carport, circular driveway, lawned area, tool shed, vegetable garden and fruit trees flow across the spacious allotment offering a verdant environment for family living.
Upstairs offers 5 bedrooms across the original floor plan. The master suite boasts a massive curved window with hills views, a ceiling fan plus built-in robes. Bedrooms 2, 3 & 4 are all double bed capable with bedroom 5 also offering a built-in robe. An upstairs casual lounge allows a great retreat area for teens or children while a fully upgraded bathroom provides the amenities.
A truly wonderful example of 1950’s architecture, ready to restore and revitalise, but be quick, this one sits on some very valuable land!
* 2 storey, Waterfall Art Deco style home circa 1952
* Valuable corner allotment land holding of 540m2
* 10 main rooms including 5 bedrooms
* Polished timber floors to the ground floor
* Large formal lounge with massive curved window
* Formal dining adjacent lounge
* Serviceable and bright kitchen and meals
* Family room with access to pergola
* Massive gabled pergola with side lights
* Downstairs bathroom / laundry
* master bedroom with curved bay window, ceiling fan and built-in robes
* Bedrooms 2, 3 & 4 all of double proportion
* Bedroom 5 with built-in robes
* Upstairs games room / teenagers retreat
* Fully upgraded main bathroom
* Double carport
* Tool shed with lights
* Wide circular driveway
* Vegetable garden and lawned area
* Fruit trees including Lemon, Passionfruit, Peach & Apricot
* 4.1kw Solar system and recent roof restoration
* 3.0m ceilings to the ground floor, 2.6m ceilings to the upper level
Perfectly positioned within easy reach of the Hectorville Community Club and associated parks and playgrounds. Public transport is just a short walk away on Reid Avenue or Glynburn Road. Local shopping centres include Campbelltown, Firle and Marden Shopping precincts, all within easy reach. Schools in the area include East Torrens School, East Marden Primary, St Francis of Assisi Primary, St Joseph’s Catholic School, Norwood Morialta High and Trinity Gardens Primary.
Both home buyers, developers and investors will all want this one.
Be quick, inspect at your earliest convenience!
49 Mayfield Avenue